So, it’s been over two weeks since I left the States. This past week, I began my Russian classes here at the university. My Russian is still virtually non-existent, but the class is helping it increase exponentially. Although I’m sure that all of you are absolutely fluent in Russian, I thought you might want a refresher on some helpful Russian phrases.
- как дела? (Kahk) (dee-lah) = How are you?
- хорошо (Hah-rah-shoh) = Fine/Good.
- я не понимаю по-русски. (Yah) (nyeh) (pah-nee-mah-yoo) (pah-roos-skee) = I don’t understand Russian.
- классно (class-nah) = Cool.
Lastly, and most importantly:
- я хочу кафе. (Yah) (hah-choo) (kah-fee) = I would like coffee. :]